Eating for Student AthletesPre and In-Season
Foods Create Energy!!
Your body is like a race car; it performs better with premium nutrition. However, too many athletes drive their bodies through a busy day without putting enough gas in the tank. If you want to be able to perform at your best, as you would a race car, fill it up before you take it out for a busy day!! Eating well increases energy, endurance and the ability to concentrate, both on and off the field. Players who eat and drink will have an edge over their competition, especially in the second half of the game, or the second game of the tournament!! EAT BETTER TO PLAY YOUR BEST!!! Eating well on a regular basis will help to prevent injury. It will aid in the recovery of delayed onset muscle soreness following intense long workouts. The “RHYTHM” of eating is also extremely important. TIMING. It is not just what you eat but when you eat certain food groups that will have the most impact in fueling and repairing your body.
P.R.E.P. Program (Pre and In-Season Eating Program)
This program includes a one-on-one sit down with you (the parent) and your athlete. We will do a health history together where I will learn about your athlete and what he/she is currently eating. I will then introduce your athlete to different foods to see what he or she likes. I will educate them on why we eat certain foods and the importance of food pairing and timing. We will determine the BMI/BMR index of your child to make sure that they are in fact taking in enough calories to sustain their energy level. I will then make a plan that is based on your child’s specific needs and we will have a follow up session to go over this plan. Cost $250
This Program Includes:
- THE P.R.E.P. actual basic food plan.
- Personalized health history to help customize a plan specific to your child.
- Education on what their sample eating plate should look like.
- Nutrition 101 – “FOOD is FUEL”.
- Education on food label reading to help your child make better food decisions on their own.
- BMI/BMR index to make sure he/she is taking in enough food to sustain energy.
- Discussion of timing of eating and its importance as well as food pairing.
- Follow up session with a plan specifically designed for your child, as well as making sure they understand everything discussed in the first session.